Arthur Circle Elementary is a neighborhood school dedicated to developing lifelong learners and caring, productive citizens. We strive to maintain high expectations of ourselves and of our students through parent and community involvement.
WE ARE COUGAR PROUD!
Apply for PreK at caddosmartstart.com for the 2020-2021 school year
2020 05 08 Last Week of Live Virtual Learning
Hello, Cougar Families! This is Ms. Anderson-Picou, your Arthur Circle Elementary Principal. I hope this message finds all our Cougars and their families healthy and safe!
We can’t believe today is the last day for LIVE virtual learning. Next week, the week of May 11th is a bi-week. Our teachers will not be posting any new assignments to allow students an opportunity to get caught up prior to the last day of school. Our teachers, students and parents have done an amazing job with the transition to virtual learning. We look forward to taking what we have learned through this and enhancing our learning next year. We wanted to share that although today is our last day for LIVE virtual learning and Friday, May 15th is our official last day of school, our teachers will keep the assignments posted in Google Classroom throughout the summer for our Cougars to reference. Our teachers will not be hosting office hours over the summer months, but their Google Classrooms will be accessible throughout the rest of May until July. We feel this will be a great opportunity for our students to practice over the summer.
Tuesday, May 19 through Wednesday, May 20, ACE will be open for device/school property return and personal property pick up. We will follow a plan that is very similar to what was followed for device distribution. Please see your Cougar’s Homeroom Teacher’s Google Classroom, our Arthur Circle website and facebook page for specific information. We will be sending out communications as a reminder as we get closer to the 19th and 20th.
We look forward to seeing our Cougars in person, until then please follow the health and safety guidelines set by the CDC and our government, keep safe, stay healthy and remember…
A.C.E. Is #GoalDriven
Arthur Circle Elementary School’s
Device and School Property Return
Student Personal Property Pick Up
Tuesday, May 19, 2020 through Wednesday, May 20, 2020
Tentatively, we plan to open campus (following appropriate social distancing guidelines) on Tuesday, May 19th through Wednesday, May 20th. We are so thankful that we were able to loan devices to our Cougars to use while we participated in the state mandated school closure. Now it is time to return those devices, so we can get them updated and ready for next school year.
In addition to returning devices, we are also asking our Cougar families to return any library books or textbooks that are property of ACE at the same time. During this time, we will also have any personal items that students may have left behind bagged, tagged and ready for pick up.
In order to stay within the guidelines set by our government, we are asking for only one parent/guardian from each of our Cougar households to meet us at school on the stated days to return devices, any other school property, and/or to pick up personal items that the student may have left behind (teachers will reach out to families if there is anything to be picked up).
We are asking for each household designee to follow the below steps:
- Park in the front bus loading/carpool area (closest to cafeteria and auditorium) and wait in your vehicle until it is your turn (don’t forget your form of identification). A school resource officer will greet you at the bus loading area to let you know when you are able to leave your vehicle to be screened for fever. (We will not be able to allow anyone with a temperature of 99.9 or higher on to campus.)
- Once screened and cleared, you will be directed as to where to return borrowed school property and/or pick up student’s personal property.
- Once you are done with return and/or pick up, we ask that you please immediately report to your vehicle.
*During this process, we ask for each person on campus to stand at least six feet apart (markings will be at each of the stations)>
*Please follow the guidelines from our government and wear your mask while your are on campus (anytime you’re outside of your vehicle). We are also asking for each household to wear gloves while handling items.
Congratulations to Ms. Anderson Picou for officially becoming Arthur Circle Elementary’s new principal!
School Closure Information for 2019-2020 School Year
We want to make sure that all of our Cougar families are aware of the virtual learning extension that will take effect for the remainder of this school year.
Gov. Edwards issued a proclamation closing school buildings for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. While facilities are closed, coursework will continue through the district’s Caddo Home Learning platform (for A.C.E this will be via Google Classroom and Zoom). Please make sure you are communicating with your child’s teacher(s) regarding assignments. For more information on the Governor’s proclamation, please visit Caddo Parish Schools website (https://bit.ly/caddoclosure).
A Letter from the School Board
*****World Finest Chocolate Fundraiser Refund
Due to uncontrollable circumstances, we are unable to fill the orders made through our Worlds Finest Chocolate fundraiser. Reimbursements will be made. We will contact the families of each of our students who turned in an order form to explain our reimbursement protocol.
A Letter from the Principal
Dear Cougar Family,
As we start this first full week of April, let me start with a BIG thank you to our families who are working with our teachers to make sure our students are getting an opportunity to continue their learning. You guys are doing wonderfully! This will be the first full month of virtual learning for us and we are super excited to share that we are ready. We want to remind all of our Cougars that students should be participating in our ACE Google Classrooms every day for at least 30 minutes per subject area and in Zearn. This week, we will be hosting a schoolwide Zearn virtual challenge. We are challenging every student to complete at least 30-minutes of Zearn each day this week. After this week ends, we will give a shout-out to the grade level that has the most Zearn Digital Lesson minutes. We have created a master schedule for our families to access to see when is the best time for students and/or parents to get some face to face time with our faculty/staff (virtually through Zoom, that is).
We are asking all of our families to please stay aware of updates that are being posted to the CPPS website (caddoschools.org), our Cougar Website (http://arthurcircle.org/), our Facebook page (Arthur Circle Cougars), and through Dojo. Please feel free to reach out to me via email (email@example.com) with any questions or concerns that you may have. We appreciate everyone for working together, staying calm, and being flexible. We would like to thank all of our Cougar families for their patience and support during this process. Please keep safe, stay healthy, and remember… ACE is #GoalDriven
Ms. Anderson Picou
Arthur Circle Elementary
Please click on the Arthur Circle Elementary Home Learning Calendar and the Google Classroom codes to view the device distribution schedule, teacher office hours, and how to stay connected with your child’s classroom.
Directions on how to access Classlink and Google Classroom
Students must first be able to log into Classlink to get to their Google Classroom. Please click on Classlink Login Help and Google Classroom to access the directions.
Below is a video tutorial on how to access Classlink
Effective today, Monday, March 16, 2020, we are putting in place NEW substantial program enhancements to help these families deal with this crisis. Click here for details:
· We will make it even easier for low-income families who live in a Comcast service area to sign up by offering new customers 60 days of complimentary Internet Essentials service, which is usually available to all qualified low-income households for $9.95/month.
· We are increasing Internet speedsfor the Internet Essentials service from 15/2 Mbps to 25/3 Mbps for all new and existing customers, which will be the speed of the service going forward. In this way, we will ensure that Internet Essentials customers will be able to use their Internet service for all their increased needs as a result of this health crisis.
· Xfinity WiFi Free For Everyone: Xfinity WiFi hotspots across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visitwww.xfinity.com/wifi. Once at a hotspot, consumers should select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots, and then launch a browser.
• Pausing Our Data Plan: With so many people working and educating at home, we want our customers to access the internet without thinking about data plans. While the vast majority of our customers do not come close to using 1TB of data in a month, we are pausing our data plans for 60 days giving all customers Unlimited data for no additional charge.
• No Disconnects or Late Fees: We will not disconnect a customer’s internet service or assess late fees if they contact us and let us know that they can’t pay their bills during this period. Our care teams will be available to offer flexible payment options and can help find other solutions.
Congratulations to the 2019 LSU Tigers’ football team for winning the Southeastern Conference Championship, the National Championship, and for being undefeated with a 15-0 record!! Geaux Tigers!!
2019-2020 Caddo District Calendar
Aug. 12 First day of school
Sept. 2 Labor Day (school closed)
Oct. 10 1st Reporting period ends (43 days)
Oct. 11 Professional Development Day (no school for students)
Oct. 14-16 Fall Break (school closed)
Nov. 25-29 Thanksgiving break (school closed)
Dec. 19 2nd Reporting period (41 days)
Dec. 20- Jan. 3 Christmas break (school closed)
Jan. 6 Professional Development Day (no school for students)
Jan. 7 All Students Report to School
Jan. 20 Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday (school closed)
Feb. 14 Professional Development Day (no school for students)
Feb. 17-19 President’s Day/ Winter Break (school closed)
Mar. 6 3rd Reporting period ends (39 days)
Mar. 23-27 Spring Break (school closed)
April 10-13 Good Friday/Easter (school closed)
May 15 Last day of school/ 4th reporting period ends