Arthur Circle Elementary is a neighborhood school dedicated to developing lifelong learners and caring, productive citizens. We strive to maintain high expectations of ourselves and of our students through parent and community involvement.
WE ARE COUGAR PROUD!
Dear Cougar Family,
This is Ms. Anderson-Picou, your ACE Principal. Although our school building is closed, our teachers will be working with our students virtually through Google Classroom; therefore, we will be hosting device/material distribution days on Monday, March 30th and Tuesday, March 31st from 10AM-1PM. For the students who are in need of a device and/or materials, we are asking one parent/guardian from each of our Cougar households to meet us on campus on these days.
We are asking for each household designee to follow these steps: Park in the front bus loading/carpool area (closest to cafeteria and auditorium) and wait in your vehicle until it is your turn (don?t forget your form of identification). One of our faculty/staff members will greet you at the bus loading area to screen for fever. (We will not be able to allow anyone with a temperature of 99.9 or higher on to campus.) After being screened and cleared, report to the contract station to hand-sanitize and to sign your loan agreement (please be sure to have form of identification). Once the loan agreement is signed, you will be escorted to the designated area to check-out a loaned device and/or materials. If you have gloves and a mask, we ask you to please wear them if you will be joining us.
We are asking all of our families to please stay aware of updates that are being posted to the CPPS website (caddoschools.org), our Cougar Website (http://arthurcircle.org/), our Facebook page (Arthur Circle Cougars), and through Dojo. Please feel free to reach out to me via email (email@example.com) with any questions or concerns that you may have. We appreciate everyone for working together, staying calm, and being flexible. We would like to thank all of our Cougar families for their patience and support during this process. Please keep safe, stay healthy, and remember… ACE is #GoalDriven
Ms. Anderson Picou
Arthur Circle Elementary
Please click on the Arthur Circle Elementary Home Learning Calendar and the Google Classroom codes to view the device distribution schedule, teacher office hours, and how to stay connected with your child’s classroom.
Directions on how to access Classlink and Google Classroom
Students must first be able to log into Classlink to get to their Google Classroom. Please click on Classlink Login Help and Google Classroom to access the directions.
Below is a video tutorial on how to access Classlink
Effective today, Monday, March 16, 2020, we are putting in place NEW substantial program enhancements to help these families deal with this crisis. Click here for details:
· We will make it even easier for low-income families who live in a Comcast service area to sign up by offering new customers 60 days of complimentary Internet Essentials service, which is usually available to all qualified low-income households for $9.95/month.
· We are increasing Internet speedsfor the Internet Essentials service from 15/2 Mbps to 25/3 Mbps for all new and existing customers, which will be the speed of the service going forward. In this way, we will ensure that Internet Essentials customers will be able to use their Internet service for all their increased needs as a result of this health crisis.
· Xfinity WiFi Free For Everyone: Xfinity WiFi hotspots across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visitwww.xfinity.com/wifi. Once at a hotspot, consumers should select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots, and then launch a browser.
• Pausing Our Data Plan: With so many people working and educating at home, we want our customers to access the internet without thinking about data plans. While the vast majority of our customers do not come close to using 1TB of data in a month, we are pausing our data plans for 60 days giving all customers Unlimited data for no additional charge.
• No Disconnects or Late Fees: We will not disconnect a customer’s internet service or assess late fees if they contact us and let us know that they can’t pay their bills during this period. Our care teams will be available to offer flexible payment options and can help find other solutions.
Apply for PreK at caddosmartstart.com for the 2020-2021 school year
Congratulations to the 2019 LSU Tigers’ football team for winning the Southeastern Conference Championship, the National Championship, and for being undefeated with a 15-0 record!! Geaux Tigers!!
2019-2020 Caddo District Calendar
Aug. 12 First day of school
Sept. 2 Labor Day (school closed)
Oct. 10 1st Reporting period ends (43 days)
Oct. 11 Professional Development Day (no school for students)
Oct. 14-16 Fall Break (school closed)
Nov. 25-29 Thanksgiving break (school closed)
Dec. 19 2nd Reporting period (41 days)
Dec. 20- Jan. 3 Christmas break (school closed)
Jan. 6 Professional Development Day (no school for students)
Jan. 7 All Students Report to School
Jan. 20 Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday (school closed)
Feb. 14 Professional Development Day (no school for students)
Feb. 17-19 President’s Day/ Winter Break (school closed)
Mar. 6 3rd Reporting period ends (39 days)
Mar. 23-27 Spring Break (school closed)
April 10-13 Good Friday/Easter (school closed)
May 15 Last day of school/ 4th reporting period ends